Jamaica is a haven of breathtaking beaches that run for miles, on top of a vibrant atmosphere and authentic Caribbean cuisine (jerk chicken, anyone?). Mixed in with a rich culture and an endless list of must-do activities, this really is a fine choice when picking that “dreamspot” holiday.
At a Glance:
- Dip your toes into the soft white sand of Negril, a beach which is five miles long and hosts an abundance of bars and restaurants. Don’t forget to visit Doctor’s Cave Beach in Montego Bay for an authentic experience mixing with the locals and sampling their amazing food.
- Go hiking in the Blue Mountains for jaw-dropping scenery.
- Visit Portland where you can sample the original version of one of the Caribbean’s most signature dishes, jerk chicken.
- Step back to the origins of reggae music and history of Bob Marley at the Bob Marley Museum. This house, featuring 19th- Century architecture, was the reggae legend’s home in 1981.
- Go swimming with dolphins at Dolphins Cove. This marine park offers visitors the chance to play and interact with not only dolphins but sharks and stingrays.