Jamaica is a haven of breathtaking beaches that run for miles on top of a vibrant atmosphere and authentic Caribbean cuisine (jerk chicken, anyone?). Mixed in with a rich culture and an endless list of must-do activities, this really is a fine choice when picking an idyllic vacation.
At a Glance:
- Dip your toes into the soft white sand of Negril, a beach which is five miles long and dotted with an abundance of bars and restaurants. Don’t forget to visit Doctor’s Cave Beach in Montego Bay for an authentic experience of Jamaican people and their amazing food.
- Go hiking in the Blue Mountains for breathtaking scenery.
- Visit Portland where you can sample the most authentic take on one of the Caribbean’s most signature dishes, jerk chicken.
- Step back to the origins of reggae music and history of Bob Marley at the Bob Marley Museum. This house, featuring 19th- Century architecture, was Marley’s home in 1981.
- Go swimming with dolphins at Dolphins Cove. This marine park offers visitors the chance to play and interact with not only dolphins but sharks and stingrays.